Monday, June 23, 2008

Discussion Questions

Overall, did you like the book? Why or why not?

6 comments:

Christina said...

I am pretty grouchy tonight, so maybe I shouldn't be doing this right now because I will be too hard on the book. Oh well. Right now I would give it....maybe a 4 at best on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the most amazing book ever). It was an entertaining, easy read, but I wouldn't recommend it if someone asked me a good book to read. Its not a book I will remember very far into the future. Another strike against it is that I read "The Thorn Birds" right after this one, and that book was extremely good and just put this one to shame. But, to be fair, it kept my interest and served its purpose of being entertaining.

Michelle said...

I actually didn't finish it, but what I read was okay. I don't understand why modern novelists think its necessary to use enough graphic detail to make you feel like you're reading a dirty porn novel, but it seems to be a common trend. The half or so of the book that I read was interesting and entertaining enough, but nothing to get too excited about.

lisa jensen said...

So...I probably didn't read the book. Actually, I definitely didn't read the book. But, I read 545 pages out of my History book and 230 out of Psychology? I'm picking the next one and I might just go straight for the adult novels. but, since everyone is complaining about the graphic nature of this book, maybe I'll stick to a paperback romance with Fabio on the cover. Or, maybe someone a bit more conservative should pick this month?

Michelle said...

If you need me to take a turn one of these months, let me know. I have a book in mind.

Christina said...

ok michelle is up. please pick us a good one for july!

Christina said...

michelle - if you will email me the email address you use for blogger i will add you as an author